Pigalle is a group of rock French , a native of Paris . He was trained in 1982 by François Hadji-Lazaro and bassist Daniel Hennion.
Pigalle was formed in 1982 , originally in the folk-rock vein , by the duo Daniel Hannion and François Hadji-Lazaro 1 . Running alongside Boys Butchers (where François Hadji-Lazaro also officiates), the group offers a style oscillating between rock, folk and realistic song, although some pieces of Pigalle are in a relatively punk vein as the title Franc shooter of the first album eponymous group. This first studio album, Pigalle , was released in 1987 at Boucherie Productions label , launched by Hadji-Lazaro 1 .
In 1990 , François Hadji-Lazaro decided to remake the group and adopt a more stable form for the recording of a second album. This second album is titled Pigalle 2 , and for a long time subtitled Regards afflicted on the dismal and pitiful existence of Benjamin Tremblay, impolite character but oh so endearing 1 . The album includes one of their best known songs 2 , In the room smoking bar in the Rue des Martyrs , which is heard on a barrel organ and pop and rock influences 2 . The cover of the album is made by cartoonist Tardi . The, the band plays at Élysée Montmartre , then performs a tour of five dates in high schools in the suburbs of Paris 1 . On January 20, 1992, Pigalle played at the Olympia in Paris , and in many international festivals such as Berlin Independant Day in Germany, SXSW in Texas , the United States , and even Japan . This tour is recorded and published as a live album , under the title Pigallive , in 1992 1 .
In 1993 released their third studio album, Laugh and Cry . The album mixes rock , ballad and folk 1 . Two singles are extracted, Potato and Friday the 13th . In February 1994 , the group returns to the stage of the Olympia. They turn again later and return, on October 19, 1994, to the Cicada 1 .
In 1997 , Pigalle went on tour before the publication of a new album. For nearly two years, they play more than 400 concerts in France and abroad 1 . Their fifth studio album, entitled So , is released on1 . At this time, the group has six musicians (three on stage), and three in the studio, with Patrick Bouffard (hurdy-gurdy, bagpipe, accordion) 1 .
After nearly ten years of absence, mainly because of the solo career of François Hadji-Lazaro (three solo albums) and the end of the production company, Boucherie Productions , François Hadji-Lazaro announces the reformation of the group in November 2007 and starts a tour from March 2008. A new Pigalle album is released in February 2010, Hopes that is more like François Hadji-Lazaro solo than the compositions of previous albums of Pigalle.In 2014 , the group returns with a new album, Do not worry … 3 .
- François Hadji-Lazaro – vocals , multi-instruments (about 20)
- Robert Basarte – guitars
- Thierry Svahn – piano , hammond , accordion , synthesizers
- Henri-Paul Edouard Escudier (Riton) – bass (deceased)
- Jean-Charles Boucher (Boubouche) – low
- François J. – drums , percussion
- 1986 : Pigalle ( Boucherie Productions )
- 1990 : Pigalle / Regards afflicted on the dismal and pitiful existence of Benjamin Tremblay, character falot but oh so endearing (Boucherie Productions)
- 1993 : Laugh and cry (Boucherie Productions)
- 1997 : So … (Boucherie Productions)
- 2010 : Hopes (Saucissong Records / The Other Distribution)
- 2014 : Do not worry … (Saucissong Records / The Other Distribution)
- 1992 : Pigallive (Boucherie Productions)
- 2008 : New and used (Booster / The other Distribution) (included 6 unreleased tracks)
Notes and references
- ↑ a , b , c , d , e , f , g , h , i , j , k and the ” Pigalle – Biography ” [ archive ] , on RFI Musique (accessed August 6, 2017 ) .
- ↑ a , b and c ( in ) Olivier Duboc, ” Pigalle Biography ” [ archive ] , on AllMusic (accessed August 6, 2017 ) .
- ↑ ” Pigalle, always on the road with” T’inquiètes … “ » [ archive ] , on JSL , (accessed August 6, 2017 ) .