Steppin ‘Out is a Joe Jackson songreleased in 1982 1 on his album Night and Day .
Released as a single in August 1982, the title is one of Joe Jackson’s biggest hits, reaching sixth place in the United States 2 and Top 10 in England. He has been nominated for the Grammy Awards as Record of the Year and Best Male Vocal Performance.
Steppin ‘Out in its original version is based on a piano theme on a fast tempo, Joe Jackson usually plays it in concert by introducing it through variations of the piano theme at a very slow pace.
The song traces the excitement of a city at night. Joe Jackson has written and recorded the album Night and Day in New York , and Steppin ‘Out is the last song of the face 1 which describes various encounters with the city. The listener is taken on a cab ride through Manhattan 3 .
In 2002, Steppin ‘Out is used in the Grand Theft Auto video game : Vice City , and in 2009 as background music in the movie The Farewell Affair .
|New Zealand ( RIANZ ) 4||21|
|United Kingdom (UK Singles Chart) 5||6|
Notes and references
- ↑ https://www.discogs.com/Joe-Jackson-Steppin-Out/release/421143 [ archive ]
- ↑ Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. pp. 485-486. ( ISBN 1-84195-017-3 ) .
- ↑ http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=8172 [ archive ]
- ↑ ( in ) Charts.org.nz – Joe Jackson – Steppin ‘Out [ archive ] . RIANZ . Hung Medien.
- ↑ ( in ) ” ranking of singles and albums of Joe Jackson ” [ archive ] on Official Charts Company (accessed on 1 st January 2014 )
- ( In ) This article is partially or entirely from the Wikipedia article in English entitled ” Steppin ‘Out (Joe Jackson song) ” ( see the list of authors ) .