Assasymphonie is a French pop-rock song performed by singer Florent Mothe . This is the third single from the musical Mozart, the rock opera , taken from the eponymous album that came out on. Olivier Schultheis, the son of Jean Schultheis, participated in the composition of the song. The single was released on May 2, 2009 and has been very successful in France.
This song evokes the jealousy of Salieri towards his rival, Mozart, to whom everything succeeds.
But is Salieri’s hatred really real? It is possible that Salieri and Mozart are not friends, but the film Amadeus has imposed the myth of hate Salieri. Whether true or false, no one will know.
At the NRJ Music Awards 2010 , the song is voted French song of the year 2009 1 and its interpreter Florent Mothe is elected Revelation of the year.
The clip was shot in the scenery of Champlatreux Castle .
Interpretation of title
The assasymphonie is most likely a portmanteau word made from the words murderer and symphony. These words are well suited to the character’s feelings in this song: Salieri . Indeed, the rival maestro of Mozart has an ambiguous affective relationship with the latter, admiring his musical talent and perhaps more widely his liberated personality, while hating this freedom that his function does not allow him, as well as this artistic genius who seems to make Mozart happy. The process of the word-suitcase is here particularly adapted to the contradictory and mixed feelings of Salieri, tragic figure of the jealousy and the hybris .
|Belgium (Wallonia Ultratip ) 2||1|
|Belgium (Wallonia Ultratop 50 Airplay ) 3||18|
|End of year ranking (2009)||Position|
|Belgium ( Fr. ) 4||83|
|Best selling album ranking (2009)||Best
Notes and references
- ↑ Patwhite-com “NRJ Music Awards 2010: Francophone Song of the Year” [ archive ]
- ↑ ultratop.be – Michel Teló – The assasymphonie [ archive ] . Ultratip . Ultratopand Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- ↑ ultratop.be – Michel Teló – The assasymphonie [ archive ] . Ultratop 50 Airplay. Ultratop and Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- ↑ ( in ) ” Ranking of Walloon singles 2009 ” [ archive ] , Ultratop
- ↑ ( in ) ” Ranking of the first 100 Singles by GfK Music ” [ archive ] [PDF] , discenfrance , p. 20