The Kings of the World is a song sung by Philippe d’Avilla , Damien Sargue and Grégori Baquet . This is the second single from the musical Romeo and Juliet, from hate to love and the fourth track from the eponymous album. Released in July 2000, the song was a great success in France and Belgium, where it remained several months at the top of the charts.
Lyrics and music
The lyrics and music of the song were written and composed by Gérard Presgurvic . The title is produced by Daniel Moyne 1 .
The singers are Philippe d’Avilla , Damien Sargue and Grégori Baquet who respectively play the roles of Mercutio, Romeo and Benvolio in the musical. During the show, it’s the seventh song to be played 2 .
In France , the single comes in 30 th position in the Top 50 , the week of July 17, 2000. The following week, the song reached the twelfth in the standings singles sales before entering the Top 10. From August 14, 2000, the title takes the first place of the French charts . She stays for 17 weeks (non-consecutive) at this place. At the beginning of 2001, the single lost its first position. The song will gradually lose places before leaving the Top 100 single sales the week of April 30, 2001. The title spends a total of 39 weeks in the French top single 3 . Certified diamond disc by the SNEPThe song has sold about 1.5 million copies and is the 13 th single best selling of all time in France, according to the website Infodisc 4 . It is also the third title that has been the longest number one in sales, behind Mambo No. 5 and Belle .
In French-speaking Belgium , the title enters the Ultratop 40 to 27 th place the week of August 12, 2000. It arrives in the top 10 the following week. Two weeks later, he is number 1. He retains his first place for 14 consecutive weeks. In total, the single remains 22 weeks in the top 10 and 32 in the top 40 5 . As in France 6 , the song is the second biggest selling single of 2000, behind The parties then to Yannick , who nevertheless remained less time ahead of the Ultratop 40 7 .
In Switzerland , the song is ranked 23 weeks in the hit parade, on 24 September 2000 to 25 March 2001. It has reached the 9 th position its fourth week 8 . The single was also released in the Netherlands , but in July 2001. It remained four weeks in the Dutch Top 40 , at the bottom of the ranking 9 .
In 2001, teachers from the canton of Friborg (Switzerland) were banned by the cantonal authorities from having this song interpreted by their pupils, in view of the words considered “immoral” 10 .
In 2001, The Kings of the World won the NRJ Music Awards for the “Francophone Song of the Year” 11 .
The song is repeated by Marc Lavoine , MC Solaar , Pierre Palmade and Dany Brillant for the Restos du Coeur . She appears in sixth place in the album La Foire aux Enfoirés , released in February 2003 12 .
- 2009 : Incognito by Éric Lavaine ( soundtrack )
- 2011 : My part of Cédric Klapisch’s cake ( soundtrack )
( source: generic )
List of tracks
- The Kings of the World – 3:26
- One Day by Damien Sargue and Cecilia Cara – 3:44
Notes and references
- ( In ) This article is partially or entirely from the article in English entitled ” The kings of the world ” ( see the list of authors ) .
- ↑ ” The Kings of the World – Philippe D’Avilla, Damien Sargue & Grégori Baquet “ [ archive ] , Lescharts.com (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” The original songs ” [ archive ] , on Romeo and Juliet (accessedJuly 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” The kings of the world – Philippe D’Avilla, Damien Sargue & Grégori Baquet “ [ archive ] , on Charts in France (accessed 30 July 2012 )
- ↑ ” The Best All Time Sales of 45 T. / Singles ” [ archive ] , on InfoDisc (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” The Kings of the World – Philippe D’Avilla, Damien Sargue & Grégori Baquet “ [ archive ] , on Ultratop (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” Singles ranking – year 2000 ” [ archive ] , on Disk in France (accessedJuly 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” Annual Report 2000 ” [ archive ] , on Ultratop (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ( de ) ” The Kings of the World – Philippe D’Avilla, Damien Sargue & Grégori Baquet ” [ archive ] , on hitparade.ch (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ( nl ) ” The Kings of the World – Philippe D’Avilla, Damien Sargue & Grégori Baquet ” [ archive ] , on DutchCharts (accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ Patrice Borcard, ” Song” Censored “Good taste Anastasia ” [ archive ] , on lagrue.ch , (accessed July 22, 2013 )
- ↑ ” The winners of the NRJ Music Awards 2001 ” [ archive ] , on Première(accessed July 30, 2012 )
- ↑ ” The Enfoirés Fair – The Enfoirés ” [ archive ] , on Charts in France (accessed July 30, 2012 )